Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Twisted Love Story


When I agreed to become Adrian's girlfriend these were my exact thoughts: "What am I doing?! We're never gonna last. This will ruin our friendship". I'm happy I was wrong.

We met through mutual friends and hung out. He was someone I never thought of as a boyfriend. We were just friends, barkada. He was never my crush. There was no attraction, no chemistry. He wasn't my type. He was too...good. I was always attracted to the bad boy kind. I wasn't his type. He liked the petite, breakable type. In two years of friendship, I was there for his "basted" moments and his omnipresent string of crushes. He was there for my crazy heartbreaks, break-ups and experimental (read: homosexual) relationships.

Then one day I had an insane idea (as I am prone to do very often), he was to be my boyfriend for one week. This was actually a plot to make someone else jealous and for a free ride home. He agreed. That was June of that year. The next weeks and months that followed were a blur. A cornucopia of twisted plots of love and pain we were inflicting on ourselves. My then girlfriend cheated on me and I was still in love with Adrian's friend. He was not over a girl whose name is a day of the week and yet was trying to court a girl of another friend. And amidst all that we were weird. He avoided me. I was angry with him. No real reasons just very raw emotions.

On one fateful day, he asked for a kiss. I obliged. We went out for a movie, holding hands in the dark and very, very confused. I was ready to forget all about the kiss. He had other plans.

At 1:10 AM of September 26, 1998, he sent me a pager message (Yes! Pager!), 15 minutes after dropping me off: "I need to ask you something. Please call me if you can. I love you". I snuck out of my room, risking my mom's unreasonable wrath for using the phone at such an ungodly hour, and called. He asked if I could be his girl. I blinked and then said yes. Just like that.

Exactly ten years ago, today.

Happy Anniversary, my Honey. You are my life, my completeness. I love you more than myself and only second to God.


2 comments:

Mommy Malditta said...

wow... it's great to read beautiful love stories.

Go for an everlasting relationship!!!

TwistedRaven said...

I love it! I love your story!!! Awww.. its like a romantic book i'd be willing to read no matter how long. Sigh.