Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Twilight

Watching Interview with a Vampire a long time ago left me fascinated with vampires. I have since fantasized about meeting a Lestat and running off with him. (Don't worry, my husband knows, he has yet to approve) I read all of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.

Meeting Edward Cullen in Twilight stirs more than Lestat did. I am hooked on the Twilight Saga, just a little short of being obsessed. Stephanie Meyer is a wonderful talespinner. Never mind the book was written to entice young adults, it grips even at someone like me, more than quarter of a century old (any age put in these words sounds archaic!). It reminds me bittersweetly of young love and just how powerful it could be. To know at such a young age that the person you want may not necessarily be the right one for you and fighting for it makes it pure and true.

Twilight is beautifully written, wonderfully descriptive and very alive. I recommend it a must read for girls from 15-50. Admittedly though, I think one has to be female to truly appreciate it.

Special thanks to my friend Clarence who I can share all the giddy Edward-Bella moments with. I can't wait for the movie to come out!!!

1 comment:

TwistedRaven said...

Gosh!!! I swear, I'll be forever thankful that you introduced me to it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have the chance to read such a wonderful book. :) mwah!