Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight the Movie Reviews

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight/

I'm off to see the much awaited Twilight Movie in 14 hours. Needless to say, I am SO excited. I raced through all the novels, well except Breaking Dawn since I tried prolonging the inevitable ending, and was as giddy as a school girl when I found out the movie was coming out. I have always loved teenage love stories!

It is the curse of a movie based on a novel, especially one as famous as Twilight, that people can't help but compare it with the book. I think we should just treat movies as it is and remember that the story is just based on a book and that it will take a different meaning or will be shown in a different angle. It is entirely impossible to cram all the details that made a novel complete and wonderful in 120 minutes or so. Reading a story is different, it appeals to our imagination. Regardless of how the characters, setting and situations are described in a novel, we as readers would still add our own flavor to what we read. Each reader's imagination adds to the interpretation and appreciation of the novel.

Well, I just find it amusing that the reviews are half-half. There's just no pleasing everyone. It's a good thing I never really relied on movie critiques, it's either I like the movie or I don't.

I'm determined to enjoy the movie and drool over Edward Cullen. I'm sure my husband won't mind.

No comments: